We've discovered a secret that we can't wait to share with you: there are significant advantages to working for a great company whose corporate headquarters is located in Burlington, Iowa. That may explain the fact that (while US average tenure has decreased to less than four years), over 50% of LaMont employees have celebrated their 10th employment anniversary, and many of them have seen their 20th and even their 30th. You see, in addition to the tangibles that make up LaMont's competitive benefit package, LaMont employees enjoy an intangible benefit that can't be ignored: quality of life for themselves and their families.
Our office is located on the banks of the Mississippi River; literally! We enjoy all of the benefits of small-town life, and yet we are only a half-day's drive from major metropolitan areas such as Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Omaha, and Des Moines. We like to say that we're in the middle of nowhere, and a short trip from anywhere. LaMont employees are more inclined to take a weekend drive, probably due to the fact that our average commute is less than 30 minutes...a week!
Small-town living not for you? Consider a career in our LaMont NY office. Our sales and design staff occupy an office at 267 5th Avenue in the heart of the city. The international nature of our business provides many on our staff with an opportunity for world-wide travel.
LaMont is truly a company that offers something for everyone. We are a progressive company with aggressive plans for growth. These plans have created a need for additional talent and an expansion of our employee base. Listed below are our current jobs available. If nothing's listed that interests you, send us your resume to keep on file. We've got new opportunities all of the time!
Come see what LaMont has to offer. Who knows? You just might be looking into your next career!
The Graphic Designer/Photographer reports directly to the Vice President of Product Development and Design, and is responsible for creating images for use on product packaging, websites, print ads, retail merchandising and more. In addition, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining a company photo library for use by Marketing, Sales and E-commerce. This position requires a creative mind with an eye for detail and demonstrated experience shooting studio quality work.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Photography Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Systems Operator will be responsible for assisting in the daily administration of computer hardware and software, including our IBM AS/400 system. As an integral part of the IT department, this position will be required to demonstrate a solid knowledge base in computer applications; installation, configuration, maintenance, networking, and RPG programming.
In addition to daily and routine duties, the Systems Operator will possess the ability to forecast future requirements and will be integral in the planning, development, and implementation of technology changes. The Systems Operator will be proactive in maintaining leading-edge knowledge of all related technologies and their potential applications to the company’s business strategies.
• Provide system support to ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the IT department
• Assist in development and implementation of processes related to data integrity
• Advise and provide recommendations for systems growth and overall security
• Act as a technical leader within the company and mentor other members
• Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
• Flexibility to work off-hours for project management or emergency needs
• Communicate professionally via phone, email, and other written communications
• Ability to travel to satellite facility in Waterloo, Iowa
• Some data entry is required
Education: A.A. Degree in a relevant field of study, or
Experience: 5 years related job experience
Communication/Organizational Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The successful applicant
will work effectively within a team in an environment characterized by multiple projects, deadlines, changing priorities, and
frequent demands. The ability to prioritize, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through are essential for success in this
position. The successful applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of IBM AS/400 RPG programming a plus; Networking, Hardware/Software Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering and will be responsible for handle the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects and process improvements, ensuring consistency with organizational strategy and goal. Successful candidate will serve as a resource to managers on process improvements and work flow design efforts; analyzing and improving standardization of processes and workflow; partnering with leadership to identify key projects and processes for improvement.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to think systemically; solid understanding of the impact of processes on each other and the organization; exceptional ability to leverage and manage team dynamics and skills, build relationships, coach, influence, and train on project/process improvement; high level of initiative and personal accountability; exceptional judgment, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and prioritization skills; and experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. A background in manufacturing is required.
Oversee the duties and activities of the Maintenance Department and Maintenance staff in order to support production by maintaining equipment to achieve safe operating conditions and maximum machine life.
• Oversee all duties of maintenance staff and janitorial staff
• Perform daily monitoring, repair and preventative maintenance activities on critical systems and facility equipment
• Responsible for all phases of building maintenance and repair
• Support production
• Maintain all equipment; machinery and building
• Document and track all maintenance projects
• Maintain a preventative maintenance program
• Active executive safety committee member to include being a safety trainer
• Manage spare parts inventory
• Active in production meeting, continuous improvement and management review
• Communicates and negotiates with vendors and contractors
• Coordinates delivery and receiving of related purchased parts
• Process improvement
• Follow company policies, company safety policies and practice safe work habits.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years experience with maintenance/engineering/supervision
• Working knowledge of drafting with Auto Cad capabilities a plus but not required
• Experience with PLC program writing a plus but not required
LaMont Limited is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to serve as a key member of our maintenance department. The successful applicant will work effectively in an environment characterized by multiple projects, deadlines, changing priorities, and frequent demands. The ability to prioritize, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through are essential for success in this position. The successful applicant must be a hands-on, self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
The Maintenance Technician will provide technical support to all aspects of the manufacturing processes by maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing production equipment and support systems. In addition, this position includes general carpentry work. Most carpentry work and projects do not come with plans or engineering diagrams; Candidates must have the ability to visualize a project, put together his/her own plans, then build and follow through to completion efficiently.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Responsiblities and Tasks:
• Inspect equipment and perform preventative maintenance.
• Identify and resolve root causes of defects and other problems
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and make necessary repairs to machinery and equipment.
• Install, dismantle, overhaul, assemble and/or modify machinery and equipment.
• Complete all appropriate documentation.
• Adhere to all company, state and federal safety regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions, use varied hand and power tools, drive a motor vehicle and/or other equipment; lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 90 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer
• Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
• Work well in a manufacturing teamwork environment
• Great time management skills
• Jack of all trades (Electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, carpentry, wood working, remodeling)
• Proactive and positive attitude
• CDL or the ability to obtain one is a plus
This position is for 1st shift, but may require weekend or off shift work.
LaMont Limited is looking to fill the following vacancy with a self-starter, motivated team player who has good problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be experienced in areas of mechanical equipment operations, hydraulics, diagrams, sketches and the operation of tools, including hand tools, power tools, welders, torches, etc. Desired qualifications include a minimum of 3 years electrical/maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
PRODUCT DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Gain knowledge and insight into the production cycle with a focus on a specific product line. Working as an integral part of the Product Design and Development team, you’ll learn the product development process, and hone your presentation skills, communication skills, time management and business etiquette.
• Actively participate in product development from concept through finished product.
• Support the team with seasonal research of materials, components, color and trend.
• Work closely with the team to facilitate communication of new materials and components.
• Assist with the seasonal presentations for materials, components, color and trend .
• Practice techniques of competitive shopping to gain awareness of trends .
• Solid academic record, all majors welcome.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to promote teamwork, solve problems and manage complex relationships.
• Proficiency on PCs and with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Graphic Design software; Adobe Creative Suites.
• Experience in Retail, Sales, Management or Buying exposure a plus.
• Must possess a strong aesthetic sense.
To apply for any position, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply direct at:
1530 Bluff Road, Burlington, IA 52601
EOE | LaMont Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer